Real life wardrobe combos from sudoku grids
Now that you have an idea of how to create your own wardrobe sudoku grid and use it, here’s a couple real life examples. There’s a simple 2×2 all the way up to a bigger commitment 4×4.
Of the 256 unique possible combinations of 4 items, I came up with nearly 60 different possibilities on paper. My husband created a spreadsheet in Excel to show me that there indeed are 256 combos! This was originally for one of Patternreview’s wardrobe contests. Here are just 30 of the different combinations from the grid.
Diagonals and corners:
Split quad combinations:
Monkey business combinations
Because at some point the combos start getting bananas.
Items in this 4×4
- Burdastyle 2-2013-109 striped asymmetric top
- Hummingbird tee (Burdastyle 2-2011-106)
- Ottobre 5-2007-15 cotton lawn tunic with pleated trim
- Lace bodysuit from Jalie’s Bella
- Nanette Lepore Giraffe Sateen Ottobre 5-2014-19 skinny jeans
- Burdastyle 1-2008-111 denim skirt
- Burdastyle 8-2017-105 asymmetric skirt
- Pale blue Designer Stitch Alyse pants
- Burdastyle 12-2009-111 blue twill motorcycle jacket
- Itch to Stitch Lisbon Cardigan with fringe trim
- Reverse Applique Jalie Drop Pocket Cardigan
- Burda 7018 sea glass denim jacket
- Bleached Canvas Dritz Espadrilles
- Bare Traps Adalia boots in cognac
- Toffee wedges
- Nine west cream flats
See how much fun wardrobe sudoku can be? I love this exercise for being able to identify what goes with what in my closet. It’s too easy to get frustrated and feel like you have nothing to wear. This little planner will help smash that feeling and give you some great ideas for how to use your handmade wardrobe in real life.
P.S. Did you grab the sudoku planner sheets yet? They’re a little mini planner for you to help you plan your own capsule wardrobe sudoku style! You can sign up below, and I hope they help you!