Have you tried a sewing subscription box before?
If you’re new to the hobby of sewing, going shopping for everything you need for a project can be overwhelming.
Flashback to my own first trip to a real fabric store and I was a literal deer in headlights. I was totally overwhelmed by all the colors, different fabrics and had no clue where to start, what was good, what I needed to pass on, and so on. 2 hours later when I sort of made some choices (hesitatingly), I had a migraine and felt very unsure about life in general regarding my new hobby.
A monthly sewing box like the ones I’m going to share here are a great gift for anyone who loves to sew.
Bonus: sewing subscription boxes take the headache out of sourcing all the things you need for a project by putting into one box and shipping it off to you. Who doesn’t love happy mail?!
I got my own chance to try out a sewing subscription box from Indie Stitch recently, and there’s a video below talking more about that too.
Whether you’re a quilter, a beginner seamstress, or a garment sewist supreme, there’s something for everyone here. Let’s explore some different sewing subscription boxes and monthly sewing clubs you can try out.
elizabethmadethis.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking toSome of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
13 Fabulous Sewing Subscription Boxes You Should Try If You Love To Sew
If you hate shopping in multiple places to find the perfect fabric to make your next sewing project, a sewing subscription box might be right for you. Here are some sewing subscription boxes and monthly sewing boxes you can give a try that'll simplify all your sewing planning.
How do you know if a sewing subscription box is right for you? They're awesome for:
- Sewing beginners who need some help finding good quality materials.
- Seamstresses short on time who just want a quick win project.
- Anyone who wants to buy a gift for a sewing lover in their life.
Indie Stitch Monthly Sewing Kits
Indie Stitch sewing subscription boxes offer a fun way to try out a popular indie sewing pattern by providing you everything you need in your box. Past months are available if you're not ready to try out a monthly subscription. With every Indie Stitch box you'll get:
- A printed full size pattern (no PDF taping!)
- Generous amount of high quality curated fabrics
- Matching thread
- Exclusive Facebook community to cheer you along through your project
- Fun sewing gift and notions you'll love to have.
Indie Stitch Pricing at the time of writing:
- 12 months @$49.95/month + $5 shipping
- 6 months @$54.95/month + $5 shipping
- Monthly @$59.95/month + $5 shipping
Needle Sharp Monthly Sewing Subscription Boxes
Needle Sharp offers monthly sewing subscription boxes, focusing on wearable modern sewing patterns and beautiful fabrics you'll love to sew.
Benefits of Needle Sharp sewing boxes:
- Boxes available for every sewing level from beginners on up.
- Choose your own fabric from 3 choices to create the look you want.
- Everything you need for your project is inside the box.
- Online support
- Fun stuff in every box
Pricing for Needle Sharp in 2022:
- Sew Essential box: $75/month for beginning sewists
- Sew Select box: $95/month for intermediate and advancing sewists
- Sew Curvy box: $115/month for confident sewists in extended sizes up to US size 30
- Sew Indulgent box: $135/month with luxe fabrics and up to 2 patterns to create your own bespoke wardrobe that'll last for years to come.
Sew Sampler Subscription Box from Fat Quarter Shop
The Sew Sampler Box is a great offering from the excellent quilting shop, Fat Quarter Shop. If you're a quilter, this is an affordable sewing subscription box to try.
Inside every Sew Sampler Box you'll get all the fabric, notions, patterns, and a fun bonus. Projects range from quilt blocks to lap sized quilts.
Pricing in 2022 for a Sew Sampler Box: 99 cents to join + $24.95/month
This box is a great value for quilters!
Sew Hayley Jane Sewing Subscription Boxes
Sew Hayley Jane is a UK-based sewing subscription box company. They focus on providing boxes for sewing accessories and garments with curated fabrics around a fun theme. These boxes are sure to make you smile with their joyful fat quarters they pack into every box. You'll get inspiration from monthly magazines, and enjoy the sewing gifts in your box.
Pricing for Sew Hayley Jane (2022):
- Mini box: £20/month for 1m fabric, notions, monthly sewing magazine, sewing gifts, and 3 fat quarters.
- Classic box: £35/month for 2.5m dressmaking fabric, monthly sewing magazine, notions, sewing gifts and 4 fat quarters.
- Luxury box: £65/month for about 3.5m luxury dressmaking fabric, notions, monthly sewing magazine, sewing gifts, indie sewing pattern and 5 fat quarters.
Cool Stitches Subscription Sewing Boxes
Cool Stitches monthly sewing boxes focus on offering indie sewing patterns for bags, garments, and small sewing projects. Most projects are suitable for confident beginners.
Boxes and pricing available for Cool Stitches:
- Bags Totes and Organizers box: $49.97/month for bag projects for advancing confident beginner and intermediate sewists.
- Sew Fun Box: $24.99/month for learn to sew projects for sewing novices.
- Love to Sew Sewing box: $56.99/month for garment sewing boxes in knits and wovens for anyone wanting to try their hand at making their own clothes.
Sew Essentials Snob Box
Canadian based Sew Essentials Snob Boxes focus on providing beautiful quality fabrics to make fabulous garments that'll last. Boxes may contain knits or wovens. There are 2m and 3m of fabric along with notions, and local fun in every box.
Pricing for Sew Essentials Snob Boxes:
- 2 meter box: $54.99 CAD
- 3 meter box: $71.99 CAD
Madam Sew: Sew Happy Sewing Project Boxes
Madam Sew is well known for their excellent sewing notions, so no doubt their Sew Happy Sewing Project Boxes are something worth checking out.
Inside a Sew Happy Project Box, you'll get:
- printed patterns and instructions
- matching high quality thread (Mettler and others)
- Scrap busting patterns for all your fabric leftovers
- Fat quarter
- Madam Sew tools and gadgets
- Fun sewing themed postcard
- Facebook community to show off your work and to offer support as you make your project
Boxes are $49.99, but they sell out quickly when they're available. If you want to get in on these boxes, it might be a good idea to get on Madam Sew's newsletter.
The Ginger Quilter Sewing Subscription Box
Ginger Quilter offers full kits with bright, modern, whimsical fabrics from quilt fabric manufacturers like Moda, Ruby Star, Riley Blake, Art Gallery, Windham, Andover and Free Spirit.
Besides these gorgeous quilting fabrics every month you'll get:
- A pattern
- Extra goodie
- Everything you need to make projects like a small quilt, wall quilts, tablerunner, bags, pillows and more.
- All boxes are typically seasonally themed and its contents are a mystery for box subscribers, so you'll be surprised by the beautiful contents inside!
Pricing for Ginger Quilter Boxes:
- $55 for 1 month
- $159 for 3 months
- $300 for 6 months.
Sewers Club Monthly Project Box
Sewers Club Monthly Project Boxes will help you make bags, accessories, and other home sewing projects. Inside your box, you'll get:
- Pattern - Patterns can be for bags, table runners, home sewing projects
- High quality curated fabric and notions
- Add-on notion: option to add on something special for your project.
- Video Tutorials - access to exclusive video tutorials that'll walk you through your project. You'll also get access to the back catalog of video tutorials.
- Save 15% on other Sewer's Club products with your membership
Pricing for Sewers Club Monthly Project Boxes: $29.01-31.83/month depending on how often you choose to be billed.
Tula Pink Monthly Kit Club by Renaissance Ribbons
If you're a Tula Pink fan, you'll love Renaissance Ribbons' Tula Pink Monthly Kit Club. I've personally sewed with these ribbons and they are of the highest quality and will make bags that absolutely stand out in a crowd.
Inside your monthly kit, you'll get:
- 1 complete sewing kit to make project from well known bagmaking designers like Noodlehead or PatternsbyAnnie
- + 1 Tula Pink unique bonus treat - could be ribbons, fabrics, webbing, notions or other surprises.
Pricing is $72/month (retail value $85-95)
Sew What Sewing Boxes
Sew What creates sewing boxes suitable for homeschool co-ops, kid's sewing, and adults.
Seasonal boxes include notions, precut fabric for accessories, home sewing projects and sewing organizers.
Pricing is $39.99/box and past boxes are available as long as supplies last.
Kiriki Press: Sampler Club Welcome Pack
This is not so much a subscription box, but it is a membership to get embroidery patterns for a whole year. Kiriki Press makes some of the most adorable embroidery patterns out there, and if you love to do embellishing in your sewing, this is worth looking into.
With your Sampler Club membership, you get:
- 3” & 6” embroidery hoops
- Stork Embroidery Scissors
- Beginner Stitch Sample
- no. 9 embroidery needle
- screen printed pattern on cotton
- range of DMC embroidery flosses
- Limited Edition Needle Minder
- Activation code for 1-year subscription
- 4 stitch sampler kits + bonus patterns!
Pricing is $10/month
SoulCollections: Sewing Craft Kits for Kids Subscription Boxes
SoulCollections' Sewing subscription boxes for kids are aimed at teaching kids the basics of sewing through fun projects like stuffies, felt projects, small accessories and more. Projects can be made by hand sewing or machine and include notions, tools and fabrics (which may be precut or not).
These are joyful projects any kid would love to make. This would be a great thing to invest in for homeschooling families or for grandparents wanting to pass on the love of sewing.
- $36 for 1 month
- $100 for 3 months
- $185 for 6 months
Elizabeth Farr is the writer behind the Elizabeth Made This blog where she shares helpful sewing tips, step by step sewing tutorials and videos to help you explore your creativity through sewing. She has written sewing Eguides and patterns, been a featured teacher at Rebecca Page’s Sewing Summit and Jennifer Maker’s Holiday Maker Fest and her work has appeared in Seamwork and Altered Couture magazines. She also created a line of refashioned garments for SEWN Denver. When her sewing machine isn’t humming, she’s playing and teaching violin, and hanging around a good strategic board game with her husband and 4 kids.
2 thoughts on “Is a sewing subscription box right for you (Save time!)”
Fantastic sewing tip. I went with Indie Stitch for 12 months. Having the indie pattern printed for me is what sold me. LOL Maybe I will be motivated to get through my stash. Thanks again Elizabeth.
What a wonderful thing. Thank you so much for checking it out, and enjoy your boxes!