While the Lori and Maria have officially kicked off The Day and Night Dress Challenge, the vloggers are getting into the action too today. First up is Dawn of Duelling Designs with her too cool to cut fabric and winter cozy look. Her chosen sleeveless black dress is getting quite the wearable upgrade!!
Winter cozy for the Day look
A lot of times wearing a sweater with a dress can be an afterthought. It’s something you do because it’s freezing outside but dang it, you still want to wear a dress. Dawn’s sweater for her day look though does such an awesome job bringing on the toasty while still incorporating the dress.
Asymmetry makes everything better, and this is a good one!!!!
Too cool to cut for the Night look
For her night look, she’s cutting into some fabulous embroidered fabric to make a sheer duster. This one will be elegant wherever it takes her!
That Sewing Blab is also encouraging sewists to cut into the most precious of our fabric stash. Check out the graphic above or see Duelling Designs for more info!
That Sewing Blab: The Day and Night Dress Challenge 2019
I’ll be on That Sewing Blab Tuesday February 19th 7:30-8:30 US Eastern time on Duelling Designs to talk about my project along with several other ladies. The Blab is always a fun hangout to talk about sewing with friends!
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED IN THE DAY AND NIGHT DRESS CHALLENGE 2019?
- Find your lonely dress in your closet! Sew up 2 extra pieces to coordinate with your dress for a day look and a night look.
- Let other people know about it. Use #dayandnightdresschallenge on Twitter and Instagram and follow the Day and Night Dress Challenge Facebook group.
- Keep reading here to find out the latest. Follow Elizabeth Made This on Instagram andFacebook.
- Post a picture of your newly styled dress and extra pieces in your day look and your night look to Instagram to enter yourself. Don’t forget to tag me @elizabethmadethis and use the #dayandnightdresschallenge.
- Grab the graphic below and post it on your site and/or repost on Instagram: