Today I’m putting together some night look fabric inspiration to go along with some of the dresses from my last fashion inspiration post for the Day and Night Dress Challenge. The start of the challenge is coming soon, and if you haven’t started sewing yet, here are some great options for you!
Stylish Fabric has got some great options for your night looks. Both the silver sequin geometric on black jersey (2866-BLACK-SILVER) and black panne velour (10002-BLACK) would make sleek evening looks.
Oh the laces at Stylish Fabric. If I were in their physical store, no doubt you’d find me a year later under a pile of beautiful laces, weighing all of their worth! All of these could be used as overlays, sleeves, yokes, contrast panels…the possibilities are endless.
Don’t forget the trim! This Black Geometric Orbit and Sun Embroidery on Mesh Trim would make a great contrast at the waist.
Looking for a cozy sweater dress that still looks polished? How about this wool boucle micro twill?
Fabric Mart has some great choices for night looks as well.
Want to make a little black dress that will still keep you warm? Why not go for a nice wool sweater knit like this tuxedo black wool/nylon blend?
You can recreate the sleek tailored look like the J Crew dress I mentioned in my fashion post with this jet black 100% worsted wool or this Charcoal/Black 100% Wool Houndstooth Flannel Suiting or this 100% wool striped suiting.
This Halston satin wants to be a party dress!
I’d be curious to see this textured Black 100% Polyester Shiny Ruffled Woven in a style like this Asos dress.
How about a structured sheath from this moire suiting?
I think this poly jacquard chiffon would be such a fun overlay on a dress similar to this J Crew one too!
I hope I’ve left you with some good ideas for fabric choices!
What fabrics are you pairing with your fashion inspirations for the Day and Night Dress Challenge?
How can you get involved in the Day and Night Dress Challenge?
- Sew some dresses!
- Let other people know about it. Use #dayandnightdresschallenge on Twitter and Instagram and follow the Day and Night Dress Challenge Facebook group.
- Keep reading here to find out the latest. Follow Elizabeth Made This on Instagram and Facebook.
- Check out the Pinterest boards connected to the challenge: Day Dress Fashion Inspiration and Night Dress Fashion Inspiration
- Enter your project at the bottom of this page (click on the blue “Add your link” button) to win great prizes from the challenge sponsors.
- Grab a graphic and post it on your site: