As you’re planning your day looks for the Day and Night Dress Challenge, no doubt you’ve been thinking about what kinds of fabrics you’d love to wear. I’m here today to offer you some ideas to get the wheels turning. There’s so many good choices out there! All of the images are linked to their source in case you’re interested in seeing any of them. Yes, I’m totally enabling you.
Day look fabric inspiration
First up, from Stylish Fabric: This time of year, I’m always looking for fabrics that will sew up into a nice cozy dress that I can pair with my winter boots and tights. Stylish Fabric carries a big selection lot of heavier jacquard knits would be a great warm dress for this time of year. Here are a few of my favorites:
I also love the idea of French terry for colder weather. Here’s some nice ones:
For our Australian friends and others who are not experiencing snow this time of year, check out these poly/spandex prints:
Fabric Mart always has such pretty wool knits that would be fantastic day dresses. Bye bye cold!
I’d love to see either this corduroy or wool boucle in a jumper style dress for winter.
Shirtdress anyone? Check out this polyester woven print from Maggy London.
This stretch twill is just gorgeous and I think could work for any number of styles:
Hawthorne Threads is like a wonderland of amazing prints. Here are some lawns and voiles that’d be great for shirtdresses or other styles more suited to those of us experiencing summer right now.
I hope I’ve left you with some good day look fabric inspiration to guide your choices for the challenge!
What fabrics are you looking at for your day look dresses?
How can you get involved in the Day and Night Dress Challenge?
- Sew some dresses!
- Let other people know about it. Use #dayandnightdresschallenge on Twitter and Instagram and follow the Day and Night Dress Challenge Facebook group.
- Keep reading here to find out the latest. Follow Elizabeth Made This on Instagram and Facebook.
- Check out the Pinterest boards connected to the challenge: Day Dress Fashion Inspiration and Night Dress Fashion Inspiration
- Enter your project at the bottom of this page (click on the blue “Add your link” button) to win great prizes from the challenge sponsors.
- Grab a graphic and post it on your site: