Right when we first got married, I turned my husband’s bachelor bed that currently resides in our computer/sewing room into a crazy if-it-were-only-pink-it’d-be-about-the-girliest-bed-ever with a duvet made from a green sheet and this fabric.
I just really like duvets. They give a bed loft that you can’t get from just a comforter. They are also so simple to make that you can make a bunch to rotate out to change your bedding on a as it suits you basis. They can mask a rather ugly old bachelor comforter too.
The fabric that I won in my decor8 box a while back has been destined to be made into another duvet to be rotated out with this one occasionally. I think Nathan will be much less weirded out by this pattern. And the bright blue of the sheet was really what I had in mind when I sewed the first one–I just couldn’t find it. Nathan’s brother is coming to visit next week to go skiing with Nathan while I’m at a retreat with my women’s group, so I figured now was the time to get cracking on the whole project. So a sheet set from Target and a few French seams later, a whole new bedding ensemble.